- Trees can be considered a special type of graph.
- They are hierarchical.
- Because of there hierarchical nature, we often will find recursion useful when working with trees
- Tress contain rules. i.e. if N nodes then (N-1) edges. One edge for each parent – child relationship.
Types of Trees
Trees can be further classified/specialized based on a set of inherent rules or characteristics. Some common types of trees include:
Tree traversals deal with different strategies of navigating a tree.
- Lowest common ancestor of a binary tree
- Lowest common ancestor of a binary search tree
- Serialize and deserialize a binary tree
- Serialize and deserialize a binary search tree