- Open-source system for automating deployment, scaling and management of containerized applications
- Kubernetes coordinates a highly available cluster of computers that are connected to work as a single unit.
- Kubernetes automates the distribution and scheduling of application containers across a cluster in a more efficient way.
- Desired State Management
- Made up of deployment YAML file.
- Pod configuration
- KBs Cluster Services – Master
- Coordinates the cluster in all activities such as:
- Scheduling applications
- Maintaining applications desired state
- Scaling applications
- Rolling out new updates
- Workers – Nodes
- VM or physical computer that servers as a worker machine in a Kubernetes cluster.
- Each node has a Kubelet, which is an agent for managing the node and communicating to the master.