Messaging patterns tackle the problems of sharing data in a uniform manner among many disconnected systems.
Document Message Pattern
- Instead of RPC style of parameterized methods, messages objects are used.
- Simplifies communication by encapsulating all information within the body of the document.
- Leads to straightforward and clean interfaces
- Ensures all requests and responses follow the Document Message Pattern
- Maintain state of long running transactions
- Assigning reservation numbers.
- Reservations should expire.
- Idempotent operation is one that has no additional effect if it si called more than once with the same input parameters.
- Any state altering request is tagged with a unique identifier. Validated before processing.
- The response can return the same unique identifier to make it a correlation ID